When Blooming Kids Early Learning Centre collect information directly from you via this website and we believe you reasonably expect us to, we will only use your personal information to communicate directly with you to promote our services.
We will not otherwise disclose personal information to a third party for any other purpose without your consent unless it is authorised or required by law.
Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and any linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Families can request to view their personal information kept at the service, by providing identification to confirm their identity.
To view our confidentiality policy, see here
For more information about privacy, visit the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au .
Privacy/Security of Documentation Policy
To ensure that all documentation required by the centre is kept in a safe and secure place to ensure the maximum confidentiality is upheld
Documentation is a necessary component of the Early Childhood Profession. This policy ensures that all families can feel confident that security of their personal information is kept confidential and only the necessary information is passed on to relevant persons to ensure privacy.
- Families/Staff files are kept in a locked filing cabinet in the office. Only senior staff have access to these cabinets.
- Children’s individual files are kept on room computers, which are then saved on to a portable hard drive and stored in a locked drawer.
- Parent/staff communication books are available in the rooms however parents are discouraged from writing comments that breach their own personal confidentiality boundary
- Staff are aware of the confidentiality policy when speaking with families.
- Families are encouraged to arrange meeting times with relevant staff to discuss any personal situation changes rather than leaving written messages.
- Documentation remains the property of the service and will not be given out to any unauthorised persons.
- We place each child’s individual files, including photos and learning stories onto individual separate USB sticks, parents are then able to take these home six monthly to place files onto their own computers or to print accordingly. These are then returned to the service. Each USB is stored safely within a locked draw.
- All documentation is stored on premises including children’s developmental files.
- All children’s details remain confidential, therefore any documentation completed outside of the service will not include names or pictures
Reviewed and agreed upon by all staff April, 2019
Sourced from Child protection ACT
Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011